The number of homeschooling
families continues to grow rapidly in the
As you consider whether homeschool is for you and your child, free feel to browse through several important links listed below, that may be a help to you. These web sites cover various topics dealing with the issues of homeschooling, ranging from studies on the benefits of homeschooling that were conducted by several educational and research groups to practical concerns of parents that are considering homeschooling.
(Click on each title)
Site. Goals are
· Produce high-quality statistics, research, and technical reports on home education.
· Serve as a clearinghouse of research for home educators, researchers, and policy makers.
· Educate the public concerning the findings of all research on home education.
"Scholastic Achievement and Demographic
Characteristics of Home School Students in 1998"
Report on homeschool students and quality of their education. Homeschool students were given the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills (ITBS) or Tests of Achievement and Proficiency (TAP).
· The results indicated that the median scores were typically in the 70th - 80th percentile.
· 25% of homeschool students are enrolled in one or more grade above their age level public and private school peers.
Informative magazine on the subject of homeschooling. This web site is an online version of the magazine.
Useful site. Provides each state's laws dealing with homeschool and attendance policies. The site also has links to support for homeschool in each state.
Home Education Magazine offers Questions and Answers about homeschooling.
Provides a list of the colleges that accept homeschool students into their program. The list provides ample evidence that home schooling will not hinder the child's further educational plans.
Informative web site intended to answer the objections that many people raise about homeschooling. A few objections that are addressed are: what about the socialization skills for those that are homeschooled and what is the quality of education like for those that are homeschooled.